Richie is a former college and professional player. He played 4 years at Sam HoustonState University where he received many accolades as a pitcher. After college he played in the Texas Rangers organization, the St. Louis Cardinals organization, and with several independent teams. He has given private instruction, group instruction, conducted camps, promoted players, taught in several Texas public schools, and coached high school baseball for the last 20 years. Richie has taken part in over 30,000 hours of instruction and on the field training during that time period. Likewise, Richie has taken part in thousands of hours of video analysis and research relating to hitting and pitching. Richie designed and developed the “sport specific” training program for pitchers that has proven to dramatically increase velocity, control, mechanics, strength levels, flexibility, range of motion, and overall performance. He has a B.S. in Exercise Science with emphasis on bio-mechanics and motor learning, from Sam Houston State University and a M.S. in Instructional Technology from the University of Houston-Clear Lake. In order to help develop his students further; he is working on his doctorates degree in human movement and performance. He is in charge of curriculum and Programs development for Hardball Academy; designing, developing, and monitoring of all instruction.
- RT @RB_Tournaments: #2 James Yawn @jamesyawn12 of @Hardballacademy (Beard) with a solid RBI single! @TSL_Baseball @RB_Tournaments 10+ Co… 1 week ago
- RT @RB_Tournaments: Coach Rainey (panola JC) meets with @Hardballacademy and @GPSTEXASBASEBA1 about making the most of opportunities and fo… 1 week ago
- Doyle Beard Memorial Scholarship Ceremony hardballacademy.com/2018/08/02/doy… https://t.co/wkJfyyObLj 1 week ago
- Jayson McKinley-Midwest Pitcher of the week hardballacademy.com/2018/08/01/jay… https://t.co/rUBmzQfc0y 2 weeks ago
- Hardball Academy 11U Tryout hardballacademy.com/2018/07/29/har… https://t.co/cgRqjogNni 2 weeks ago