Preseason Pitching/Hitting Seminar 2014
When: December 14, 2014
Time: Pitching 4:00-5:30 Hitting 5:30-7:00
Where: Hardball Academy Pearland/Friendswood location
Cost: $20 (for 1 or both seminars)
This Camp is designed for Coaches, players, and Parents.
Pitching: Discussion will include the following topics and answer many questions.
- What are the “correct” mechanics for pitchers? Principal vs Style
- How to manage stresses and lower the risk of arm injury
- “Teach this instead of that” Identifying conventional mechanical teaches that actually put pitchers at more risk and that are detrimental to performance.
- Common mistakes young pitchers make (mechanically)
- Year round training program- what a player should focus on throughout the year
Hitting-Will include the following Topics
- What are the ideal swing mechanics for individual players (linear vs rotational)
- What are absolutes and what is a players style
- What do coaches really mean with common cue terms (stay inside the ball, stay back, turn your hips, stay closed, etc)
- Common Faults and Fixes
These classes will be led by Advanced Level Pitching/Hitting Instructors: These instructors have playing experience at a higher level; but more importantly they have education/training with bio mechanics, human kinetics, motor learning, sports science, and have conducted hundreds of hours of 3D kinetic Analysis of the Pitching motion and swing mechanics.